Reader Diane is leading fortnightly Bible Study sessions on Thursdays 1.00pm – 2.15 pm at All Saints’ Appley Bridge. T
The crafty people group will be in church immediately after this group.
Dates for 2021: 5 Aug; 19 Aug; 2 Sep;16 Sep ; 30 Sep; 14 Oct; 28 Oct; 4 Nov; 18 Nov; 25 Nov; 9 Dec
The group likes to focus on a whole book of the Bible over a number of weeks. We are currently studying Romans
- We will sit in the main body of the in a circle church, not in the back room as we used to do, and we will observe social distancing.
- Please bring your own Bible – using different versions sometimes helps us with the study (there are plenty of Bibles in Church if you forget)
- Please bring your own water or refreshments – we can’t do tea and coffee yet
- Please sanitise your hands as you come in via the front door
- Wearing of masks will be optional – no singing will be involved
- You may wish to leave via the kitchen door if we start to overlap with the other group.
- We’ll have to have the windows and doors open for ventilation – it’s usually warm in church in the afternoons but as we get towards autumn you may need to wear something warm
We begin and end with prayer and usually look at a couple of chapters in each session with Diane giving some background and asking questions to encourage discussion. We try to think of how we can apply what we have learned to our own lives and our walk with God.
For more details please contact: email@example.com
Small Groups/ House Groups
There are number of different Small Groups/ House groups catering for adults. They provide friendship, Christian fellowship, mutual support and varying depths of Bible study, teaching and prayer. It’s a chance to discuss issues related to the topic for study and think about how the Bible’s teaching relates to our everyday life.
A number of small groups meet regularly in people’s homes (weekly or fortnightly) or as they can, during the day or in the evenings. Some have been meeting via WebEx during the pandemic. Everyone is encouraged and invited to join a Small Group. If you would like to try out a group or find out more about them (and they are all different), please email our contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to Rev’d Sue at church.