Bible Study 2018
Reader Diane is leading fortnightly Bible Study sessions on Thursdays 1.00pm – 2.15 pm at All Saints’ Appley Bridge.
The group will focus on the Book of Acts and some of the study material which accompanies our sermons.
Dates: Feb 1; Feb 15; Mar 8; Mar 15; Apr 12; Apr 19; May 17; May 31; Jun 14; Jun 21; Jul 12; Jul 19. For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Festival of Prayer – Saturday February 3rd in Blackburn Cathedral
Without prayer, ministry and mission will come to nothing. It is only because God transforms us as we pray that we can transform the communities in which we are set. Yet many people struggle to pray and many are unaware of the vast range of ways of praying. The Festival of Prayer in the Cathedral is intended as an all-age day for Parishes in order to tackle some of these issues.
Your priest should have received details and paper copies of the poster about the Festival before Christmas and I attach an electronic copy of the Poster to this letter. It would be lovely to welcome you and a group from your Parish.
- The day begins with the Eucharist at 10.30am.
- Messy Church will run through the day, exploring the life of prayer in ways appropriate to children and their families. Children will attend the first part of the Eucharist and can then leave after the Gospel.
- The keynote speaker is Canon Angela Tilby, a well-known broadcaster and excellent communicator
- Workshops will be as follows:
- Helping Churches to Pray led by The Revd Nancy Goodrich
- Leading Intercessions led by Canon Andrew Hindley
- Praying with the Scriptures led by the Dean
- Help I’m RUBBISH at Prayer led by the The Revd Chris Krawiec
- Praying through Art led by Archdeacon Michael Everitt
- Praying with Prayer Stations led by The Revd Ann Jepson
- Prayer and the Sacraments led by Canon Stephen Jones
- Prayer and Mission led by Bishop Julian
- Praying in the Workplace led by Mrs Kathryn Bolton
- Prayer through Music led by Miss Helen Davies
- The day will end with a short corporate time of meditative prayer and we will conclude no later than 3pm.
People are welcome to access all or part of the day as they wish and should feel free to come and go. Lunch is provided for those at Messy Church and others can either bring their own or go to one of the many eating places near the Cathedral.
Places can be booked by emailing Jean Duerden: email@example.com. Space on the workshops and at Messy Church is limited so please book as soon as possible for these. We can accommodate more people for the Eucharist and the Keynote Address.
Thank you for your continued service as a Vision Champion. I hope that this day will strengthen you and members of your congregation as you seek to serve Jesus in his world.
The Rt Revd Philip North
Bishop of Burnley
Monday 12th February, at All Saints’ at 10.45 am for 11.00 Refresh
An hour of worship, muisc and meditation followed by a bring and share lunch.
7.00 pm Thursday 22nd February Music Making Evening at All Saints Appley Bridge Church
7.00 – 7.45 pm music practice with guitars and any other instruments which are brought along.
7.45 – 8.30 pm is choir practice for singing.
Our growing All Age Choir and music group rehearses monthly on Thursday evenings. Adults and children aged 9+ who sing and/or play instruments are most welcome. The group has members of all levels of music ability from beginners to experts – all are welcome.
Dates for rehearsals Spring and Summer 2018: Mar 22; Apr 26; May 24; Jun 28
Friday 23rd February at 8 pm in Christ Church, Parbold Encounter
This is a lively service of praise and worship led by the praise band.
Sat 24th February 5:30-8:30 pm. Fund raising event for “Mercy Rescue Trust” at Parbold WI Hall.
Fun filled evening of: Magic, Songs and Stories. Refreshments provided.
Saturday 17th March 2018 – Christian Aid Big Brekkie at All Saints School, 9-30am to 11-30am. Food, Drink, loads of activities, stalls and a chance to get together and enjoy ourselves helping others!
Wednesday 18th April – 20th June 2018
Occasional preachers’ course running weekly on Wednesday evenings at All Saints’ Church Appley Bridge for invited participants. For more information firstname.lastname@example.org