Rev’d Sue has been producing videos to help and encourage our congregation at this time when we are unable to meet.
Faith Moments 3 about rainbows 🌈 in the storm.
Faith Moments 2 about God knowing us and helping us.
Faith Moments 1 about God being our safe place.
Featured resources to try for the week beginning 29th March
YouVersion – a bible app with an abundance of reading plans and verses for the day. You can invite people to join you using a reading plan.
Bible lens – transforms your everyday photos into profound, Biblically-based artistic shareable images. Bible Lens lets you take a picture or select one you already have. It detects not only objects in your photo, but more importantly, the Biblical themes of the moment that photo captured… and then suggests Bible verses to match!
Reader Diane’s Top Tip
Pray as You Go is a daily prayer session it is one of my favourite prayer aids. I have it as an app on my phone and I find it calming and lovely. It’s based on couple of paragraphs of the Bible and it gives time for reflection and time with God. You can do it on your own or with family members.
A new prayer session is produced every day of the working week and one session for the weekend. Lasting between ten and thirteen minutes, it combines music, scripture and some questions for reflection. It can be used from the webpage or downloaded as an app. Click here for Pray as You Go.
Prayer Sheet from Christ Church Parbold
Worship Songs- Some worship songs from Sunday’s service to keep us praising!
There are a range of Christian resources already available from the Church of England :
- #LiveLent: Care for God’s Creation – the Church of England’s Lent campaign for 2020. With weekly themes shaped around the first Genesis account of creation, it explores the urgent need for humans to value and protect the abundance God has created. This daily audio content is available via the app and daily emails. Sign up for free.
- The BBC’s Daily Service and Sunday Worship – radio programmes will be using some of the themes from #LiveLent as part of their broadcasts.
- Prayer for the day – each day the Church of England publishes audio and text of the Prayer for the Day.
- Smart speakers – daily prayer and #LiveLent audio content can be accessed via our smart speaker apps.
More to Come in the future
In the days and weeks ahead the Church of England will be developing :
- Simple daytime prayer and night prayer service – building on the existing daily prayer feed, we will record audio to accompany daytime prayer and night prayer per day, which will be available via an updated app and accompanying podcasts.
- Mental health reflections – daily reflections to help people, especially at a time when they are feeling lonely, isolated or anxious.
There will also be more video content from the C of E – this will include video services and content for Holy Week and Easter.