Virtual Summer Holiday Club for children
Each week of the summer holidays for 2020 we will published Family Faith videos 3 times a week. The videos involve song, story and great ideas to try at home. The videos, made by Rev’d Sue, Diane & her puppet friends, and Mr Hunter are on different faith themes, but all of them aim to help children to draw closer to God – now that’s real treasure!
Friday 28th August with Mr Hunter
Sing My Jesus My Saviour
Watch Mr Hunter’s Video
Mr Hunter gives us a few more of his classic jokes and a great 3 minute devotion advising us about learning from our mistakes and finding God’s strength in our weaknesses.
Wednesday 26th with Diane – Thank You
1, Sing Thank You Lord for This New Day
Watch Diane and the Doctor puppet
3. Do – make a thank you card https://allsaintschurch.co.uk/allwp/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Thank-you-card.pdf
Monday 24th August with Rev’d Sue
- Sing along to ‘you gave’
Watch Rev’d Sue’s video ‘Looking after God’s world’:
Rev’d Sue talks about looking after God’s world and suggests some very cool experiments and things to do.
Do – 5 Cool water experiments! (mums & dads need to be there please for safety!)
Friday 21st August with Mr Hunter
After the usual jokes which are so bad they’re good, Mr Hunter’s 3 minute devotion reminds us that we need to ask for forgiveness instead of blaming others.
Wednesday 19th August with Diane
The Armour of God
- Sing Listen to the song and join in of course! It’s an old favourite. Be Strong for the Lord You God is With You.
2. Watch this story video and listen to the message about the armour of God
3. Do – Print the pictures and colour them in then dress the girl or boy in the armour
Monday 17th August with Rev’d Sue
Sing along to ‘King of Me’:
Watch Rev’d Sue’s video ‘Made in God’s image’
Rev’s Sue tells us that God made us to be creative and caring like him. She reminds us that we can find God in creativity and science and recommends some ‘eggscellent’ experiments.
Do – 5 Cool egg experiments (mums & dads need to be there please for safety!)
Friday 14th August with Mr Hunter
Sing Never Let Go of Me
Watch Mr Hunter shares more classic jokes and a lovely 3 minute devotional called Creation
Wednesday 12th August with Diane Listening to God 2
Sing this great song The Shepherd Song
Watch Barbara the Sheep and Diane as they think about listening to God.
Do – play the listening game
Mon 10th Aug ‘Don’t struggle alone’
1.Sing along to ‘My Light house
2. Watch Bear Grylls – ‘Don’t struggle alone – God is always with you’ (I know it says Easter at the start but bear with us!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJmAMlU-wNU
3. Make a Marble Maze following Rev’d Sue’s instructions.
Mums & dads if your children are liking the Bear Grylls videos he has a super book out for children, To my sons: Lessons for the Wild Adventure Called Life
Friday 9th August with Mr Hunter
Sing Never Let Go of Me
Watch Mr Hunter’s devotional
Mr Hunter treats us to some more of his groan-worthy jokes. His 3-minute devotional, Listen Up, cautions us against relying on ourselves too much and reminds that we will always need God’s help.
For Weds 5th August with Diane Listening to God 1
Sing this great song Never Give Up
Watch Diane and Wonkey Donkey as they tell the story of Balaam’s Ass
Make a mini book about a donkey following the directions at https://www.kidzone.ws/kindergarten/learning-letters/ib-book-donkey.htm
Monday 2nd August with Rev’d Sue
- Sing along to Your Love Never Fails
2. Watch as Rev’d Sue tells us more about the adventure of choosing God and then watch Bear Grylls talk about choosing God too.
3. Make a footprint picture (instructions in Rev’d Sue’s video)
Friday 31st July
Mr Hunter tells some great jokes and then urges us to think about hanging on to Godly hopes and dreams – they’re a treasure!
Wednesday 29th July with Diane ‘Peace’
- Sing – this is a happy song about having peace in your soul.
2. Watch this video and Diane her old ( and rather naughty ) friend Ralph the Dog have a good think about peace, and Diane learns about the how jelly babies were once called peace babies!
Monday 27th July with Rev’d Sue ‘Treasure’
1.Sing along to ‘Your love never fails’
2.Listen to Rev Sue Video: ‘What’s the Treasure?
3. Make a Friends with God wrist band
Friday 24th July with Mr Hunter
Mr Hunter has some fab jokes and talks about an attitude of gratitude in his sharp 3-minute devotion – he shares a short prayer too.
Wednesday 23rd July with Diane ‘Treasure for Ever’
- Sing and maybe dance to the great song below called Treasure Quest
2. Watch Diane and Pirate Pete as he tries to take over the Treasure Hunters holiday club quest, but he is looking for his own kind of treasure! Diane explains that Jesus’ treasure is treasure for ever.
- Write and illustrate a very short treasure prayer using this writing frame to help
- Make a treasure tube – Joyce shows you have in the video below
Monday 20th July with Rev’d Sue
- Sing along to ‘My Lighthouse’
2. Watch Rev’d Sue’s video about hunting for godly treasure
3. Make your own Circle Prayer