Virtual Summer Holiday Club for children
Each week of the summer holidays for 2020 we will publish Family Faith videos 3 times a week. The videos will involve song, story and great ideas to try at home. Some of videos will be made by Rev’d Sue, Diane & her puppet friends, and Mr Hunter. They will be on different faith themes, but all of them aiming to help children to draw closer to God – now that’s real treasure!
Wednesday 12th August with Diane Listening to God 2
Sing this great song The Shepherd Song
Watch Barbara the Sheep and Diane as they think about listening to God.
Do – play the listening game
Mon 10th Aug ‘Don’t struggle alone’
1.Sing along to ‘My Light house
2. Watch Bear Grylls – ‘Don’t struggle alone – God is always with you’ (I know it says Easter at the start but bear with us!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJmAMlU-wNU
3. Make a Marble Maze following Rev’d Sue’s instructions.
Mums & dads if your children are liking the Bear Grylls videos he has a super book out for children, To my sons: Lessons for the Wild Adventure Called Life
Friday 9th August with Mr Hunter
Sing Never Let Go of Me
Watch Mr Hunter’s devotional
Mr Hunter treats us to some more of his groan-worthy jokes. His 3-minute devotional, Listen Up, cautions us against relying on ourselves too much and reminds that we will always need God’s help.
For Weds 5th August with Diane Listening to God 1
Sing this great song Never Give Up
Watch Diane and Wonkey Donkey as they tell the story of Balaam’s Ass
Make a mini book about a donkey following the directions at https://www.kidzone.ws/kindergarten/learning-letters/ib-book-donkey.htm
Monday 2nd August with Rev’d Sue
- Sing along to Your Love Never Fails
2. Watch as Rev’d Sue tells us more about the adventure of choosing God and then watch Bear Grylls talk about choosing God too.
3. Make a footprint picture (instructions in Rev’d Sue’s video)
Friday 31st July
Mr Hunter tells some great jokes and then urges us to think about hanging on to Godly hopes and dreams – they’re a treasure!
Wednesday 29th July with Diane ‘Peace’
- Sing – this is a happy song about having peace in your soul.
2. Watch this video and Diane her old ( and rather naughty ) friend Ralph the Dog have a good think about peace, and Diane learns about the how jelly babies were once called peace babies!
Monday 27th July with Rev’d Sue ‘Treasure’
1.Sing along to ‘Your love never fails’
2.Listen to Rev Sue Video: ‘What’s the Treasure?
3. Make a Friends with God wrist band
Friday 24th July with Mr Hunter
Mr Hunter has some fab jokes and talks about an attitude of gratitude in his sharp 3-minute devotion – he shares a short prayer too.
Wednesday 23rd July with Diane ‘Treasure for Ever’
- Sing and maybe dance to the great song below called Treasure Quest
2. Watch Diane and Pirate Pete as he tries to take over the Treasure Hunters holiday club quest, but he is looking for his own kind of treasure! Diane explains that Jesus’ treasure is treasure for ever.
- Write and illustrate a very short treasure prayer using this writing frame to help
- Make a treasure tube – Joyce shows you have in the video below
Monday 20th July with Rev’d Sue
- Sing along to ‘My Lighthouse’
2. Watch Rev’d Sue’s video about hunting for godly treasure
3. Make your own Circle Prayer